Asthma in Orlando, FL
20 million Americans suffer from asthma in this country. If you’re living with this serious respiratory disease, you’re probably all too aware of the symptoms – including coughing, wheezing, chest tightness and shortness of breath – and the way asthma can limit you in your daily life. Fortunately, with the latest advancements in medicine and regular care with an asthma specialist, you can live a normal, productive life and keep asthma from controlling your life. Your primary-care physician may want you to see an asthma specialist if:
- You have asthma symptoms but have not been diagnosed
- You’re being treated for asthma but your symptoms are worsening
- You’re having more frequent attacks or you’ve been hospitalized for asthma
- You may have allergies that are complicating your asthma
- You are having frequent infections such as sinusitis and bronchitis with your asthma
- Missing work or school frequently
- Have poor quality of life
- You’re experiencing frequent symptoms even while using prescribed medications
- You are getting frequent oral or systemic steroids
Your “personalized asthma control plan”
At Allergy Asthma Specialists of Central Florida, our physicians each have specialized training and decades of experience helping children and adults who have asthma. Your Allergy Asthma Specialists physician will create a personalized plan for you to manage symptoms and reduce the likelihood of asthma attacks.
An ideal asthma control plan involves:
- Medications to reduce inflammation & keep airways open; your specialist will work with you to find the best medication combinations to meet your unique needs.
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots), which may be needed to reduce allergic reactions that can trigger asthma attacks
- Education about your condition, your personal triggers & how to recognize & respond to an asthma attack at the earliest signs
- Lung Function monitoring to assess asthma control.
Please call the Allergy Asthma Specialists of Central Florida office nearest you to schedule a consultation. Altamonte Springs: 407-339-3002 | Orlando: 407-351-4328 | Ocoee: 407-219-3620 | Clermont: 352-243-6767